Board Certified in Family Medicine by The American Board of Family Medicine.
Dr. Chase is a partner of Oviedo Medical Research, and has worked on over 90 clinical trials as a principal and sub-investigator. He has conducted research on phase II through IV clinical trials in areas of pain, general medicine, gastrointestinal, immunological, endocrine, neurological, orthopedic, lipid, cardiovascular, dermatological, pulmonary, contraceptive, pediatric, men’s health, women’s health and healthy populations. Dr. Chase is a past Clinical Assistant Professor of the Florida State University School of Medicine. He earned his medical degree from the University of Florida.
- 1992 – June 1996: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, MD
- 1988 – May 1992: University of Florida, Gainesville of Florida, B.A. History of Science, Medicine, and Technology
- 1996 – June 1997: Internship in Family Practice
- 1997 – 1999: Residency in Family Practice, Florida Hospital, Orlando Campus
- 1999 – 2012: Diplomate American Board of Family Practice
- Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Minor Surgical Procedures, Dermatology, Sports Medicine
Hospital Staff Privileges
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital
- Florida Hospital South
Family Medicine, Private Practice
- 1999 – Present: Block, Nation, Chase & Smolen Family Medicine
- 2003 – Present: Clinical Assistant Professor of the Florida State University College of Medicine
Clinical Trials Investigator
- Oviedo Medical Research, LLC. with A. Nation, D.O., B. Block, M.D., & S. Smolen, M.D. 2015 – Present
- Compass Research East, LLC. with A. Nation, D.O., B. Block, M.D., & S. Smolen, M.D. 2010 – 2015
- Block, Nation, Chase & Smolen Family Medicine, with Amy J. Nation, D.O., B. Block, M.D., & Susan G. Smolen, M.D. 1999 – 2014
- 1998 – 1999: Physician Extender: Florida Emergency Physicians
- 1998 – 1999: Private Contracting MD: Block & Nation, P.A.
- 1997 – 1999: Private Contracting MD: Family Medical Associates, P.A.
- 1997 – Present: American Academy of Family Physicians
- 1997 – Present : Florida Academy of Family Physicians
- 1997 – Present: American Medical Associations
- 1999 – Present: Florida Medical Association
Clinical Research Experience
- Medical Physician Investigator for over 25 pharmaceutical studies since 2010 through Compass Research East, LLC.
- Medical Physician Investigator for pharmaceutical studies 1999 – 2013 through Block, Nation, Chase & Smolen Family Medicine
Hobbies & Interests
- Rollerblading, Snorkeling, SCUBA Diving, Restoring & Repairing Cars, UF Sports, Volunteering in the Community, Kayaking